Страницы

суббота, 29 января 2011 г.

3 Books that changed my life...

Hey, guys, today I will share some of my favourite books with you, that have really changed my life, and I hope will change yours if you read them:)
1. Steven Covey "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". I just love this man. Once I was a little down and I thought to go to a book store in order to find something, let's say, comforting to read. To be honest, I usually go to a book store when I have some sort of depression, and it happens to help. So, anyway, I went to a book store, and I saw this bright red coloured book of Steven Covey, which obviously cought my eye as we don't have like too many eye catching books in Russia:) So I thought: "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People"...Sounds good and looks pretty, why not buy it?:) I must say that reasons why I bought this book were not the best reasons in the world, but I didn't regret buying it at all, cos it really tought me a lot.
2. Karen Horney. "Our inner conflicts". When I first realized that I got neurosis, this book was absolutely saving. It gives you all basic knowledge about what you are dealing with, what exactly neurosis means and how it effects your life. I will write about this book later, but if some of you deal with fears, panic attacks or constant feeling of tension in your body, than this book is for you. It might be a little bit too hard to read at times, but if you keep reading, then it will give some sort of epiphany.
3. Eric Fromm "The art of loving". This book is absolutely my passion. It is different from those phycological studies we are used to. Basically it tells that every person on the planet needs love, and without it no individual can be happy and healthy.
So, what I am trying to say with this boring message, that we all have problems, we all have tears and there are so many ways to help us to feel better. Reading is obviously one of them.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий